BMW of Mobile Identifies Vehicle Squeaking Causes
You want your BMW to continue to provide a smooth ride throughout Mobile, and to do that, it requires care and making sure everything is in working order. Should you hear a squealing noise coming from your BMW, the best course of action is to bring it to the attention of our service center, as we’ll work to identify the cause and fix it for you. Here’s a list of some of the things we look for when you hear vehicle squealing noise:
- If it squeals while you turn the steering wheel, it could be low power-steering fluid. It’s what lubricates the steering, and the noise can persist if the steering remains off-center. Checking the fluid could be a solution.
- Squeals while turning could also be a suspension issue, like shocks, tie-rod ends, seals, ball joints, or universal joints that are in need of lubrication.
- There also could be something rubbing up against the interior trim of the vehicle, which a service center can check out for you.
- If you hear your vehicle squeal while accelerating, it could be related to your belt. In this case, you’d probably hear it while the vehicle is idle, too, or just turned on in colder weather. That means its worn or loose, and getting it fixed or replaced is always a good idea.
- Worn alternator bearings could also be a culprit, and in that case, you will likely need them to be replaced, too.
- If you hear the squealing noises when you apply the brakes, that could mean many things. In wet weather, it might just be when applied to wet wheels, but if it is dry and they are squealing, it might be time for a brake pad change.
Our team would be happy to answer any questions you might have, and arrange a service appointment with you and take a closer look to bring your BMW back to its original state.